03 July 2011

Make it weekly, Less Pressure


So the title of the blog is Daily Doings, but if I try to keep to a weekly schedule, things are more likely to stay up to date. Not a ton of updates this week.

My birthday was Wednesday. Thanks Ann, for taking me out to lunch. On the whole it was a pretty low key affair. I did work that day so no big parties. There was one night when I could not get to sleep no matter how hard I tried so I was up all night watching episodes of Top Chef Canada I wanted to catch up on.

I hardly watch tv any more. I listen to a lot of podcasts about a lot of different topics. I find surfing the net, chatting with friends on facebook and reading blogs about topics I'm interested in much more fulfilling. One day I'll clean out my PVR and get caught up with shows, but right now, I just don't care.

I finished Week 3 of the Couch to 5K running program this week. That means I'm up to 9 minutes of running in a 30 minute exercise routine. I enjoy running through Scout Valley, but I really have to watch my footing there because the terrain is so rough. I'm a week past where I stopped when I tried this program last summer. This year I've got a little more motivation to keep it up. One of the local theater groups is doing the Full Monty next spring...

I finally got out and did some geocaching today. Started with the unfound cache closest to home and continued my way down the Oro-Medonte Rail Trail. Did about 5K of walking which helps with the exercise regime. It was hot, so I treated myself to a strawberry shake at the end of it. Gotta love the Burger Pit!

Not much coming up this week. Back to the phones tomorrow. We've been given the okay to work extra hours this month, not sure how much I'm going to do. One thing I can say is that I am saving a lot of money by working evenings. Not going out a couple of nights a week is keeping the cash in my pockets.

The minutia:
Podcasts: Laughing Place, PodCacher, The Onion
Comics: some Flashpoint tie ins
TV: Top Chef Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment