31 July 2011

A quiet weekend

No major doings this weekend.

No movies.

No visiting friends.

Nada.

But I did go geocaching both Saturday and Sunday.  I didn't travel too far, just over towards Brechin on Saturday, and Barrie on Sunday.  It was great just getting out on a couple of sunny summer days.

I really hope the city of Orillia purchases the land that the former Huronia Regional Center sits on.  There is a beautiful beach there, and great looking lawns.  The city could use some more waterfront park land like this.



I also took a drive over to Lock 41 on the Trent Severn, where there used to be a cache.  Apparently was archived, but I still had a nice time watching boats go through the lock.  I didn't realized that some of the locks on the canal were still manually controlled.  You'd lose a few pounds if you spent your summer opening and closing locks all day.

Sunday I cached in the Barrie area and I used my iPhone to solve a wherigo for the first time. Glad to see the app works well, and I had fun doing it.

One of my favourite things about caching is discovering treasures in my own backyard.  I think the spots I went to this weekend confirmed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment