04 January 2010

Dinner With the Burnses




It's always great to spend time with good friends. Ever since I last saw Polly and Bob, she was insistent that I needed to come to her home for dinner. After a couple of missed opportunities, tonight was the night. Once I arrived, the ulterior motive came to fruition. Polly really wanted to know about Facebook, and how to get in touch with all the friends I've introduced her to through the annual December Disney World trips.

So, the student becomes the teacher and I walked her through how to upload photos, and how to use IRC to chat with the gang of us that meet regularly on Wednesday and Sunday nights. We got photos off an XD card thanks to a slot on her printer/scanner, and every photo led to great stories.

The meal was nothing special, but the company, the conversation and the memories were wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment