02 January 2010

Family Fun

Lisa's Birthday Dinner

The holidays are winding down, and with New Year's Day being my sister's birthday one of the last family events of the season is a big family dinner to celebrate. This year my father cooked a prime rib roast on the barbecue spit while my mom prepared all the side dishes and dessert. It was delicious.


It was on the whole a pretty lazy day. I didn't leave the house, but I did watch Doctor Who: the End of Time Part 2. I watched it twice actually. Once this morning, and then again tonight since Space was airing it. It is always better to watch these things legally, kids. The episode was a nice goodbye to David Tennant. The good-byes were a little long, but I guess we can indulge Russel T. his final farewells. I have to admit I did shed a few tears, but I'm left excited for what Matt Smith and Steven Moffat can do. I wonder if the entire Russel T. canon is off limits or if we'll see Martha and Mickey, Sarah Jane and Luke and Captain Jack again?

One last holiday get-together tomorrow, and then we move on to the business of getting the year started for real. So far, so good.

TV: Doctor Who: The End of Time Part 2
Book: Oishinbo: Ramen & Gyoza
Game: Rock Band 2 (Break the Ice was Rockin'!)

No comments:

Post a Comment