11 January 2010

Not much goin' on

But I did get out of the house yesterday. I decided that since the temp was a balmy -4 C it would be a good day to get out and do some geocaching. Now seeing as it is winter, I don't fancy a several mile trek through the wilderness, so I filtered my caching database to only find caches of difficulty and terrain ratings of 2 or less. I also add waymarking into my winter caching, which is kind of like virtual caching but broken down into hundreds of categories. Many of the categories are, in my opinion, stupid like McDonalds or KFCs. Each category you make a find in gives you an icon on your personal chart. What I like to do is, in the categories I don't like, make one find and then ignore the entire category. That way I get the icon, and then eventually my searches will only come up with waymarks that I want to find like historical markers, roadside attractions or museums.

First Waymark Location: St. Thomas Church, Shanty Bay
Categories: This Old Church, Ontario Historic Plaques & Stained Glass

The one geocache I did find was a short hike to Little Lake from a North Barrie suburb. Thanks to a recent snowmobiler, the trail was hard packed almost to the cache location. The find was quick and I was back to the car quickly.

Spent the evening in front of the boob tube. I hadn't watched the Simpsons in years, but seeing as this was the 20th Anniversary 450th episode, I thought I'd watch. The episode was average, eliciting a few chuckles, but I really enjoyed the documentary special that was on right after. It was interesting seeing how the show is received around the world.

Highlight of the night was the return of Chuck. I love that show and the start of the third season didn't disappoint. The direction has changed a little, but the humour, the action and the characters will keep me coming back.

Geocache: Bush Golf GC1Z17F
TV: The Simpsons, The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special in 3D on Ice, Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment