21 January 2010

Maybe not so daily...

So I called this blog "Daily Doings". I guess I was being a little bit over eager. It's only been 10 days since I updated last...so what's been going on?

Not too much.

I've done a little more caching, over in the Craighurst area. I've read some great comics. I've watched some good TV. I decided to get back into the theatre world, and volunteered my services as stage manager to the KCP production of Rumors.

Tuesday I drove over to Collingwood and spent the evening with my friend Mary. We planned to see the early showing of Sherlock Holmes, but by the time we got to the cinema, the show was sold out. So we went to the Spotted Gecko for Thai food. It was really good.

The movie was more fun than I expected. Robert Downey is fantastic as Holmes. I guess my only exposure to the character to the character was scenes from old movies, and Downey was nothing like that. His Holmes is brilliant, arrogant, messy and tough. Jude Law's Watson is a moan of action, the kind of guy you want beside you in a fight. The film totally sets itself up for a sequel, and I will be in line buying a ticket when that happens.

So, that's it in a nutshell. Nothing exciting, just life going on as usual.

Movie: Sherlock Holmes
TV: Chuck, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Republic of Doyle, Modern Family
Book: Oishinbo



No comments:

Post a Comment